What is TaxCloud?
TaxCloud is a free, easy-to-use sales tax management service for retailers.
It handles every aspect of sales tax, from collection to filing—and it’s completely free.
TaxCloud can be easily integrated
into most accounting, order management, and shopping cart systems. It has been thoroughly vetted
by states and an independent review board and has been designated one of only six Certified Service Providers
in the nation.
- Calculates sales tax in real time for every state, county, city, and special jurisdiction in the US
- Automatically files sales tax returns*
- Prepares monthly state-by-state reports on sales tax collected
- Monitors changes to tax rates and tax holidays and updates data accordingly
- Manages sales tax exemption certificates
- Registers sellers*
TaxCloud is completely free for retailers.
- TaxCloud is the only free certified sales tax management service.
- TaxCloud has been tested and certified by state revenue departments and an independent review board.
- Because TaxCloud is certified by the states, it has agreements and privileges with these states that help protect you. For instance, these states indemnify all TaxCloud users from liability in the event of an error.
- TaxCloud is already integrated with many shopping carts, so activating TaxCloud can be as easy as checking a box.
When TaxCloud transfers sales tax funds from a remote retailer to a state, the state pays us a very small commission.
Certification and Patents
Automated Sales Tax Return States
- TaxCloud has been tested and verified by state departments of revenue. Each of these states has made TaxCloud a Certified Service Provider and granted certain benefits to TaxCloud user.
- The Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Governing Board, a nonpartisan group of tax experts who help guide the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement, has tested TaxCloud and designated it a Certified Service Provider, one of only six in the nation.
- Certain features of TaxCloud are protected by issued U.S. Patent No. 7,730,089, with additional U.S. and Foreign patent applications pending.
TaxCloud can automatically register your business and file your sales tax returns for you (at no cost) in the following states:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
We are working with the remaining 21 sales tax states to achieve certification so we can expand this list.